Table of Contents
The purpose of this page is to list skills and experience that you are willing to share with others in the department. If you want to add yourself, please insert your section alphabetically by last name.
Katherine de Kleer
- The Solar System
- Near-IR/AO photometric and spectroscopic observations and data reduction, esp. these telescopes/instruments: Gemini/NIRI, Keck/NIRC2, Keck/OSIRIS, Keck/NIRSPEC, IRTF/SpeX, IRTF/NSFCAM2
- Basic CARMA/Miriad knowledge - Observations and Data Reduction (non-polarized, spectral line)
- Writing observing proposals
- Interactive education and curriculum design at the middle/high school level
- Analyzing X-ray data, especially from Chandra
- Statistical techniques for small numbers and large surveys
- Observing in the near-IR
- Galactic X-ray populations and AGNs
- Observing with CARMA
- Reducing CARMA data
- Reducing polarization data
- 1mm polarization hardware and calibration
- Star formation, Class 0s
- Arecibo: L-band observations and data reduction
- CARMA: 3mm spectral line observations and data reduction (sort of)
- MIRIAD (sort of)
- Python: numpy, scipy, matplotlib, Tkinter (a bit)
- Luminous infrared galaxies
- Python: numpy, matplotlib, aipy
- Cluster batch scheduling (e.g. qsub)
- Reducing PAPER data
- Baryon Acoustic Oscillations
- Cosmological Fourier analysis (e.g. power spectra)
- Lyman-alpha Forest
- Cosmological simulation
- N-body methods and some hydrodynamic schemes
- Working on NERSC machines
- Python: numpy, matplotlib, sympy, C extensions, f2py, ctypes, distutils, nose, virtualenv
- 3-body problem.
- General orbital dynamics.
- Programming/scripting languages: C/C++, Fortran 90/95, Java (basic), MATLAB, Python (basic), SQLite, LaTeX.
- Mission analysis and trajectory design.
- Systems engineering.
- Project management tools: Redmine, Subversion, Git.