Sometimes we have to pay out of our own poor pockets on behalf of the department. Once we've spent that cash, it's nice to get reimbursed quickly and painlessly. Here are some guidelines for getting money back.

Reimbursement Types


Forms are all available online somewhere; ask the staff for more info. Keep receipts for all air travel and expenses over $75. Hold on to your boarding pass stub in case you're asked to prove you flew. Get your adviser's signature and submit the form to the staff member in charge of your adviser's grants. Keep a copy of the forms for yourself.


Tuesday Tea (and other stuff)

Obtain itemized receipts for whatever you purchase to serve at Tuesday Tea. (For the fall 2006 semester the weekly Tuesday Tea budget is $16.) Fill out the Entertainment Reimbursement Request form found in the mail room, including a list of the department members in attendence. Tape the receipts to an 8½“ x 11” sheet of paper and attach it to the form. Make a copy for yourself before submitting the papers to Bora in 601. This procedure works for most department-approved social events, including prospective student lunches.

Thursday Tea

See the graduate student whose job it is to reimburse you.